Warmer temperatures, bright blue skies, and sunny days are luring you outside. And if you’re planning to do any of your eating, entertaining, or lounging out there, then it’s time to rethink how that area looks and feels.
Transform your terrace into a stunning and inviting space with these tips.
- Measure your balcony/Terrace: You may have a sense of how much furniture you can accommodate her, but taking measurements with you to the store will helps in choosing specific pieces.
- Get weatherproof furniture. Make sure pieces of your outdoor furniture can hold up to the elements, are perfect for outdoor use, and have durable fabrics and rustproof metals. Get double-duty pieces as well, like an ottoman that can work as a side table. If your balcony is significantly small, you can use foldaway and stackable pieces.
- Add flowers, plants and herbs. Use potted plants to add colour to your space and conceals architectural features. You can also go up and do vertical gardening.
- Soften the space with textiles. Use fabrics to bring softness to your outdoor area. Look for an outdoor rug that in water-resistant, and place cushions on your chairs.
- Use accessories to pull everything together. Decorative accents are important. Plants, vases of flowers, pillows, …will give the space unified look of a real room.